Monday 14 June 2010

Thing 6

I admit, I have never been a big fan of electronic calendars. I find that, by the time I've written all my appointments onto it, I'm late for wherever I'm going! However, in the spirit of Cam 23 I added my shiny new (and rather empty) google calendar onto my igoogle page.
I then diligently added my appointments for that week. And promptly forgot about looking at the calendar again until today's new 'thing' reminded me to blog about it. The truth is that I like my physical diary. I carry it with me, it sits in my office. It's always there if I need to pop something in quickly. It's hard enough to keep up to date with one calendar, I really can't manage an electronic one as well.

A few years ago, I worked in a place that utilised shared outlook calendars for booking meetings and arranging the use of various rooms by multiple sets of people. The electronic setup of the calendars were ideal for this sort of use. It was easy to use and avoided double bookings. It also allowed other people to see when colleagues were busy.

Whilst I can see potential for this tool, I won't be embracing this particular Thing after this programme. I find it hard enough to manage one calendar!

No comments: